Snorkel Hiking Tour
Snorkeling is a must-do experience for everyone who is not afraid of water and even for beginners and non-swimmer (with life vests). If you are looking forward to snorkel while visiting the Caribbean you usually have two choices. Go on your own at the shore and don’t get to see much, or hop onto a crowded catamaran with 60 other people and be processed through a specific area no matter if the conditions are good or not.
Our tours always start with honesty about the conditions of the ocean and the weather, as they are crucial for safety and good visibility under water. For that reason we only offer our snorkel tours on the days we are sure you will be able to fully enjoy it, and if we know the conditions aren’t good enough, we will tell you which other tour is at the moment.
We start our snorkel tour with a quick training at the beach of how to use the equipment and the safety rules, before we start a short hike to a reef off the beaten path. We will have a chance to watch peaceful moray eels, turtles, stingrays, octopus, blowfishes among many other fish types. Every visit at the reef is completely different and there is always something interesting to see if you know where to look.
As on all our tours, we will make sure to take pictures of you, even underwater, so you have memories to take home.
– We start our tour with an introduction at the beach, were we will adjust the gear and explain how to use it properly and to tell you about the do’s and don’ts under water, for your safety and the protection of the reef.
– When everybody is comfortable and ready, we will start a 20 min hike to get off the beaten path to a small beach that gives us access to a beautiful reef where we will try to find interesting marine life for you to watch.
– 2 people minimum – 8 people maximum
– Must be comfortable in the water. For non-swimmers we are using life vests and we will use the time at the introduction to get you relaxed so you can enjoy the underwater world too.
What to bring:
– Sunblock and a hat if you like
– Shoes with good grip such as sneakers or hiking shoes. No Flip-flops.
– One towel for the group and maybe a small snack.
– Make sure to have breakfast before we meet!
– $75 per person
On this outing you can meet us in your rental car in Fajardo and follow us to the starting point ($3 for parking fee on private property for your vehicle). If you rather want to use our shuttle bus, we can help you to get a better deal on transportation. Click here!
Meeting time and location:
For this tour we will meet at 9am at CVS in Fajardo.